George H. Williams is one of eight children born to Leondias T. Williams (deceased) and Mary H. Williams in Harrells, North Carolina. George received his formal education in the Sampson County Public Schools attending Bland Elementary and graduating from Clear Run High School.
George’s family is paramount in his life. While attending college and pursuing his graduate degree, George married Veronica C. Barrier. They were blessed with three boys (George, Jr., Vernon, & Gerald). They also have five grandchildren (George III, Corey, Adrian, Gerald II, and Vernon II).
After graduating from high school, George attended Livingstone College in Salisbury, North Carolina graduating with a Bachelor’s of Arts (B.A.) in History and minor in English. George pursued graduate studies at The University of North Carolina at Charlotte, earning his Master’s in Education (M.Ed), with a concentration in Guidance and Counseling. He later moved to Maryland, where George did further graduate studies at Sojourner Douglas College (Baltimore, Maryland) and Morgan State University (Baltimore, Maryland), earning his certification in School Administration. George’s quest for knowledge continued at The University of Maryland at College Park where he graduated with his Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Educational Policy, Planning, and Administration.
Professionally, George has been blessed to served as a teacher, educator, program administrator, and school counselor in the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Public Schools (NC), Kent County Public Schools (MD), Chesapeake College (MD), Sojourner Douglas College (MD), and Anne Arundel County Public Schools (MD), with a career spanning over thirty eight years of service. During his tenure, George helped more than 9,000 students attend some of the nation’s most prestigious institutions.
George’s involvement in community and civic organizations include:
- Life Member – Banneker-Douglas Museum Foundation, Inc.
- Silver Life Member – N.A.A.C.P.
- Life Member – Livingstone College
- Life Member – The University of Maryland at College Park
- 10th District Coordinator – Knights of Pythagoras, Free & Accepted Masons, PHA, Maryland
- Past Master – Rising Sun Lodge No. 46, F & A.M. – PHA, Maryland
- Past Grand High Priest – Hiram Holy Grand Chapter, Holy Royal Arch Masons, PHA, State of Maryland
- Past Grand Thrice Illustrious Master – Royal & Select Masters, PHA, State of Maryland
- Past Most Eminent Grand Commander – St. Andrews Grand Commandery, PHA, State of Maryland
- Grand Inspector General – Hiram Consistory No. 2, Ancient & Accepted Scottish Rite Masonry, SJ-DC, PHA, 33°
- Noble, Tuwa Temple No. 228, AEAONMS, PHA, State of Maryland
- Life Member – The Phylaxis Society
- Past Eminent Prior – Brown-Stewart-Thompson Priory No. 11, Knights York Cross on Honour, PHA, State of Maryland
- Presently presiding as Most Eminent Grand Master General, Convent General, USA, KYCH (PHA).
Today, George resides in Arnold, Maryland, where he enjoys watching sports, spending quality time with family and remains an active member at Asbury Town Neck United Methodist Church (Severna Park, MD). George lives every day to the fullest, with a belief that, “It is only through God’s goodness, mercy, & blessings that I am, and that I continue to be…”